Search This Blog

Friday, April 15, 2011

On Opposites...


So, I was talking recently with someone important, and we were discussing a situation where there were two brothers in one room. The scenario was one in which one brother felt that he was "at the end of his rope" and the other brother, always the encourager, was there to cheer him on, to tell him to tie a knot in and hold on, because the end was no where near. The important person said...there you have it: two brothers, two opposites; the pessimist, and the eternal optimist.


As I was driving today in the rain, I was contemplating my attitude, and asking myself if I was having a thankful attitude; a happy attitude, or if I was being grumpy. Now, you know if I was being thankful and happy, I wouldn't have had to ask myself those questions, right? Guilty. And then, that conversation about two brothers came to my recollection, and I had to smile. I want to be the one labeled the eternal optimist...don't you?


Today I am thankful for (I'll list 5):

1. 4 individuals whose first initial is the letter "M".

2. Safety.

3. Health.

4. At this moment specifically, I am thankful for my slippers, sweatshirt, and sweatpants.

5. We are right around the corner from warm weather, and many visits from Mr. Sunny Shine.


How 'bout you?

No comments:

Post a Comment