Search This Blog

Sunday, March 20, 2011

The View from Perry's Paradise...

This is my happy place. My safe-haven. The place where I can shut the rest of the world out, and all of its problems and troubles. This is the view from our front porch. See that rocker? It holds two people. It is sitting between two trees that are in full bloom and are just beautiful, and it looks out at the pond we have in the front field. If you look to the right, you'll see our horses. Cotton. Roxy. And the inherited one we got when it roamed into our field and never went home...Anna calls her Flicka. So original.

I look forward to the day when I can walk around barefoot all day here at Perry's Paradise, answering phone calls, being a mom, cooking, cleaning, painting, and smiling. I never knew that I wanted to be a mom and a wife when I grew up. I never knew that being at home and cooking and cleaning could be so fulfilling, so perfect.

Tomorrow, I will be painting and preparing for the flea market this weekend, and I will be cleaning. And doing laundry. And cooking. And did I mention cleaning? There will be lots of that. Hopefully, there will be some sewing and some painting thrown in there, too. And did I mention cleaning?

I hope you have a fabulous week ahead. I hope I do, too! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment