Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

And so it goes...


I missed a day. Oops. But...does it count if I tell you I *thought* about blogging? I even sent a text to my sister...the one that keeps reminding me to blog daily...giving her my password and everything so she could blog for me if she wanted, but I'm sure that her own busy life got in the way....she's a trooper, that girl is.


The thing is...I wanted to blog yesterday especially because I had a good topic. You see, yesterday was my "little" girl's 18th birthday. 18 years ago, I became a mother, and 18 years ago, by becoming a mother, my whole entire life path was defined. As I was discussing today, actually, with Good Friend, how I didn't think I would ever be a mom, and that I thought I would live in NYC in a loft apartment, go to dinner with the man of my dreams (who wore a suit and worked at whatever business office), and wear heels and matching handbags, shop at Saks, you get the idea....NEVER did I dream I would live on Hog Back Ridge Road, have 3 children, learn how to raise puppies, have a degree to teach elementary ed and write curriculum, be a stay at home mom, cook, clean, do laundry, and be HAPPY doing it. None of the things about my life fit that of the image in my childhood head...and that is OK. Perhaps being a teenage pregnancy and having my daughter to raise is seen by many to be a handicap, but to me, it was a boost. It made me be stubborn to get an education, be stubborn to be the best mom a girl could ever have, to raise a good kid. Thank you, Kate, for helping me be stubborn, and for unknowingly shaping my life and the path it took. I love you, and I'm proud of you, and you are indeed a good kid. Keep it up!
And I didn't get to tell her any of this or blog because I was sick. I left work early, even. Couldn't hold my head up. Didn't blog. Didn't make her cupcakes for her birthday. I didn't even sign her birthday card and give it to her. We've decided that we will have her birthday all over again on a different day...one where I'm not overwhelmed and busy...and we will enjoy it properly, with cuppycakes and birthday cards and all. :)
I'm feeling some better, just tired and my mind won't rest...too much to do, too many places to go...but being busy seems to be something I tend to do well....so I'll just keep doing it and sleep when I'm dead.
Oh, and yoooo-hoooo.....!!!!! See the picture up there? THAT would be my daughter. My Kate. And I know where the picture came from...right off MY computer! :) Aren't you proud of me????? I knew you would be.

1 comment:

  1. I didn't get that text until THIS MORNING!! :'( I'm sorry!!!! Glad you are feeling better! KATIE!!! I LOVE YOU!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY again!!!!!
    (love you too, Abby!)

    ReplyDelete