Search This Blog

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Life....


I got this card from my Grandma for my birthday. While my bday isn't until Thursday...***take note***...I cheated and opened it anyways. Here goes:


Life Legacies

*Thoughts for my Granddaughter on Her Birthday*


LIVE DEEP

Never stop learning, playing, or finding wonder in the world around you.
Live the length of your life, but live teh depth of it as well.


TRAVEL LIGHT

There is no use in carrying around worry and regret.

They only weigh you down.

Always keep yourself open to hope and to love.

They give us wings.


FORGIVE IMPERFECTIONS...

in yourself and others.

Imperfections keep things interesting.

They're the cracks where the light shines through.


OWN BEAUTIFUL THINGS...

and not just to keep in the drawer, tucked away for a perfect day.

Surround yourself with things that make you happy, that remind you of the beauty all around us if we only keep our eyes open to it.


MAKE MISTAKES

Follow detours.

Sometimes it takes an unexpected turn to help us find the life that is waiting for us around the bend.

Trust yourself and the path that is meant for you.


TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF...

and sometimes that means you need the ice cream.

Be good to your body, but also to your mind and spirit.

You're the only one who can.
Thanks, Grandma. I love you! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment