Search This Blog

Friday, May 13, 2011

It's My Day!



35 years ago, I was born! As my lil sis said, "I am glad you were born." :) Gotta love her. I'm going to try to post 35 things I have learned...but I dunno if I've learned that much. Guess we'll see how far I get on the list....


1. Those times when people (myself included) are the least love-able is likely the times when they most need to be loved.

2. Never judge a book by its cover. Ever.

3. Sometimes, it is best to just be quiet. Yes. I have learned that. I just don't always exhibit that I have...

4. Walk a mile. It's good for lots of things.

5. Don't say, "I can't."

6. Never say you are bored. (Thanks, Dad.)

7. Always do your very best, and then some. You work marks the kind of person you are.

8. Be nice. Even when you don't want to be.

9. Smile.

10. Choose to be happy, in ANY circumstance.

11. Eat when you are hungry. Stop when you are full.

12. You're never too old to break a habit, and likewise, you are never too old to start one.

13. Believe in yourself. Believe in your gut. God gave you instinct for a reason. (Thanks, Mom.)

14. Even the longest nights turn into day.

15. God does have a sense of humor.

16. Don't make plans. (See above for the reason why.)

17. Family isn't always defined by blood.

18. I've learned who my true friends are.

19. I've learned that those who truly love you will believe in you and be your true friends.

20. If a relationship ends up causing negative energy, it may need to be re-thunk.

21. You never know how you are affecting someone, and it could be someone you have no idea is even paying attention.

22. Your children WILL repeat what you say. Better make sure you say good things.

23. If people have to tell you what they are, chances are they are not what they are telling you.

24. It's always good to say please, thank you, I love you, and I'm sorry.

25. Treat others as you wish to be treated.

26. Don't let bullies run over you, but know when enough is enough.

27. Stay true to yourself.

28. Your parents are not as stupid as you once thought they were.

29. You can't poke words back in your mouth once they are out, and some can be pretty regretful.

30. You may as well "forgive and forget" because what other choice do you have?

31. Don't look back to yesterday and dwell on it, and don't spend too much time worrying about the future.

32. Don't worry about others; worry about yourself.

33. It's better to be early than late.

34. Always over-dress, not under-dress.

35. God is in control, always.


Wow. I did it. :)


What have YOU learned? Please share.

1 comment:

  1. 1. I have learned that true friends are those you can go days, weeks, months without talking too and the conversation picks right back up where you left off.

    2. No dream is too big.

    3. True love is when you see someone at their worst and your heart still does flip flops.

    4. Sometimes the biggest blessings we receive are in the smallest things we do.

    5. Always tell those you love that you love them.

    6. Don't hold grudges, it rots your insides.

    7. We cannot control what happens to us, but we can control our reactions to it.

    8. Be who you are because that's who God made you to be.

    9. Children can tell if you really love them.

    10. Prayer is our biggest weapon in ANY situation.

    And a whole bunch of the ones you said! :)

    ReplyDelete