Search This Blog

Friday, December 31, 2010

Yahtzee!!!

Yahtzee has been a family favorite for as long as I can remember. The memories I have of this game probably go back farther, but as far as I can remember, it was sitting at the table with either and/or both of my grandparents. I also remember playing with the sister....game after game after game. Remember, Sister? I have such fond memories of this game, of time spent with family around the table, of my Gramps and Granny...of having four generations of family sit together and laugh and play together. I love that now, I am teaching yet another family the love of this game...we played countless games last year, PiePie, Kevin, Makayla and I. This year, I have been working on teaching not only the fundamentals of the game, but also the strategy behind it to Makayla. This, dear reader, is a work in progress, and will likely be a long and grueling task over the long winter months to come. It is with fond memories and love that I will teach her how to play, all the while remembering my dear Grampy with each roll. I am so very thankful tonight for a family of generations of people that cared enough to teach me the rules and how to play the game....both in Yahtzee and in life.

Happy December 31!

No comments:

Post a Comment